There Is Nothing New Under The Sun…Then Came This Post

Wow, has it really been five years since I've blogged? Is this going to be like Flava Flav trying to make a comeback with "Flavor of Love??"

As much as you try to smother them with a pillow, old habits die hard. It reminds me of a passage in the book of Jeremiah in which the prophet laments his dilemma:


"You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped;
you were too strong for me, and you triumphed.
All the day I am an object of laughter;
everyone mocks me.

I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in,
I cannot endure it." (20:7; 9) 


I revisited Rob's Fobs, my old blog, this week when I was looking for a place to write again. I thought maybe I would just pick up where I left off five years ago. 587 posts. 16,000 visits. But it didn't feel right to build on that manic foundation, like putting new wine in old wineskins, or putting on old underwear after getting out of the shower.

So, as my friend Eric would say, "here we are." I hope to fill the void where Facebook used to be with posts about yelling at the dog, #marriageworks, faith, family, gardening, bikes, and bidets. Welcome!

Comments