Night At The Mausoleum


About a month ago a friend and reader of this blog alerted me to a Satanic "Black Mass" taking place in Philly in mid-October. Now, I don't know the ins and outs of the occult and Satanic rituals, but I know they are not good! I used to live in Philly, and knew the area where it was taking place. I am young enough where I can still get into shows without looking like an old guy. I live about half an hour from the venue. I've been known to do a few, how shall we say, unorthodox things. So, I was kind of used to God saying (not audibly), "I need you to do something for Me." And I know enough to know that when God calls you to something, you do it. You can always say no thanks to free-will. But regret is a real possibility, as well as missed graces that come from obedience. So, I said Lord I will go.

The blasphemy against Our Lord was scheduled to take place 8pm Friday, 12 October at the Philadelphia Mausoleum of Contemporary Art at 12th and Spring Garden. It was sold out by mid-September. They opened up another one at 10pm. Sold out. A friend forwarded me the Facebook event page. 1,200 people interested in attending. So disheartening, first for those who know what they are doing and looking to get into, and those who don't. The occult is NOTHING to mess around with, and it does not take much to open up a door to evil.

This was the kind of thing I didn't want to go off doing half-cocked. On 9 September I wrote to Archbishop Chaput to alert him of the event (he was already aware) and to run by him the idea of sealing the perimeter prior to Friday the 12th, to seek his permission and blessing to undertake something like this. He gave it. I reached out to two traditional priests familiar with spiritual warfare, who both also gave their blessing, provided I was in a state of grace. I wrote to my spiritual director and told him of the plans, which he supported. I wrote to an well-known exorcist in Denver and told myself if he said, "not a good idea," I would drop it. I waited weeks for his reply, but never got one. So I figured no news was okay news, and decided to move forward.

I prayed. And prayed. But I also felt I was in a position to take action. I noticed on the venue's calendar there was a band playing on Thursday evening, 11 October. I bought a ticket and got down to planning. I ordered one hundred blessed and exorcised St. Benedict medals. After our experience with the power of the Miraculous Medals, I know that sacramentals activated by faith have great power to impart grace. They are not charms, they are not superstitious, but gifts of grace that can literally work miracles. I wanted to throw a stick in the spokes of these blasphemers wheels, but co-vertly. I heard once from a friend that one exorcised St Benedict medal was enough to drive a demon from a woman's house that he knew. The plan was to clandestinely place them throughout the venue and seal the perimeter with the exorcised salt and holy water.

I also found through a friend a contact for a traditional priest and was able to make an appointment with him to bless and exorcise in the old rite salt and water to use. I met with him on Monday 8 October--he heard my confession, prayed over me, gave me a blessing in Latin, and blessed and salt and water. I knew these were powerful sacramentals as well. A friend who is trained in spiritual warfare wrote this to me:

"I don't know if you remember the case of the coach who was told not to kneel and pray on the football field at a public school, but it happened in my town. The satanists aided by a teacher in the school had protested and forced him to stop, which he refused on legal grounds. The satanists in the region(we are a center for the cult)promised to show up to the next game to cast spells and oppress the coach and people.

Myself and a couple others from my Church and a couple from a local protestant church decided to go and pray over the field and area. We took blessed salt and Holy water and walked the perimeter, praying prayers of intercession and warfare prayers. We went into the stands and anywhere we knew people would be gathering. The only place we werent able to go was the upper parking lot because the band was practicing there. The next evening when the satanists gathered they simply were unable to step foot wherever we had walked, prayed and anointed. The ONLY place they could stand to be was the small parking lot were were unable to get to. The wrapped it up pretty quickly because it was very uncomfortable for them.

Here are warfare prayers suitable for this situation, and remember, you represent the power and authority of the Holy Creator of the Universe who wields all power and authority to overturn anything the enemy seeks to do. ONE drop of Christ's shed blood is more than enough to overturn all the death,destruction and evil of the enemy and sin. First say the prayer of St Patrick, pray for each other, then launch into warfare prayers"


I want to stress that this whole thing was an act of obedience. It seemed crazy. I don't know why God was calling me to the things He calls me to, but that shouldn't be my concern. We all have a part to play in the Divine plan, and the question is, will we carry out our part. But the closer the event came over the course of the past month, the more I did not want to do it. I felt like the son in the parable whom the father asked to go work in the vineyard and who said, "I won't," but ended up going (Mt 21:28-32).

On Wednesday evening, I got the spiritual artillery ready. The exorcised St. Benedict medals I placed on small 1"x1" tabs of black duct tape, 12 of them (for the 12 tribes of Israel), and mixed the exorcised salt in with the holy water in a spring water bottle.

This morning I went to Mass and prayed my daily rosary, had a work event, and got home from work a little early and prayed my prayers of deliverance, the Prayer of St. Michael and St. Patrick, the Litany of Humility and the Litany of Saints (in Latin), blinding prayers and prayers of adjuration. Many many friends were praying as well. I rested for a bit, and then headed to the city. I wore cargo shorts with side pockets where I kept the medals concealed in duct tape and a bag of salt, a green scapular touched to the true Cross of Christ, and a relic of St. Martin de Porres. I had been checking the forecast all day and was sure I was going to get dumped on, but miraculously the thunderstorms held off and it was completely dry. I also found a parking spot a block from the venue.

Doors were at 7:30, and I arrived right then. I had been studying the insides from google maps 360 degrees to get an idea of the layout. Tonight, though, they had the upstairs closed off. I got my ticket at Will Call and there were just a few guys hanging around, one selling beers and sodas, another at the front. I was early, and it was a small show and small venue. First stop was the bathroom.

I went in and immediately took out the medal tabs and placed them: above the door jamb, behind a framed picture on the wall, behind the sink. I splashed the holy water/salt solution on all the walls.

When I came out, it was still not crowded at all. I pretended to tie my shoe and managed to lodge a medal between a baseboard and wall panel. I moved over to where an inverted 6 foot cross was in the corner in preparation for tomorrow event. I couldn't believe my good fortune. The two or three random guys working the show and concession were not paying attention. I kicked a medal under the stage (right where the BM would be taking place), and placed another taped medal behind a piece of art on the wall. The venue was so small, there were not many other places I could place them without being conspicuous, but I figured that was better than I could have hoped for.

"What time is the show?" I asked the guy at the front, "Eight." "Okay," I said, "I'm just going to run out for a minute to get something." He nodded. I left through the front door and pretended to take a drink from the bottle of holy water/salt, but instead spilled it all over the front entrance stoop. I hung around front for a minute or so out front and found a small font where I also was able to place a medal. I couldn't believe it. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. The place was sealed.

There was a woman and a young handicapped man praying the rosary out front. A friend had told me this woman would be there, coming up from DC where she was praying for the Red Rose Rescue trial. I nodded to her and placed a medal in the palm of her hand. Then I started walking away to my car. As soon as I got to my car, the skies opened up and it began to pour.

I did what I was asked, and now the rest is in His hands. I'm glad to be home and to have been obedient--there is peace in serving the Lord. So many graces. I would like to thank all those who prayed for this mission. I can honestly say this would not have gone as smoothly and without incident if this small army or prayer warriors were not interceding and covering me in protection.

Let us continue to pray through midnight 12th October that this event might be foiled and in reparation for the offense against the Most Holy Body and Blood of our Lord. I will be going to the FSSP parish in Conshohocken tomorrow evening for Holy Hour and Latin Mass in reparation.  The Devil hates Latin, as they say.

May His Holy Name be praised, now and forever. Amen.

Comments